SLES is a commercial Linux distribution developed by SUSE and optimized for use in enterprise environments, including SAP applications. It features a range of tools and technologies for managing and deploying SAP systems, as well as support for high-availability configurations and virtualization.
To install SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) for SAP Applications, you will need to follow the installation instructions provided by SAP. These instructions can be found in the SAP documentation for SLES, which is available online at the SAP Help Portal (https://help.sap.com/). Or you can use the quick installation guide provided by Suse.
Below is a summary of the general steps involved in installing SLES for SAP Applications:
- Download the SLES installation media from the SUSE website (https://www.suse.com/).
- Burn the installation media onto a DVD or create a bootable USB drive.
- Boot your system from the installation media.
- Follow the prompts to install SLES.
- Once the installation is complete, configure the system according to the SAP recommendations for SLES. This may include installing additional packages and making configuration changes.
- Install the SAP applications according to the SAP documentation.
Note: The exact steps and commands required to install SLES for SAP Applications may vary depending on your specific SAP requirements and configuration. It is important to follow the SAP documentation closely to ensure a successful installation.